We aim to provide you with a stimulating course that will prepare and provide a pathway through to the tourism industry. During the course you will develop a number of skills that are necessary to gain access to employment, or further training opportunities, within the tourism sector.
This is a Trades Academy course. Your tourism course offers you the opportunity to complete four tourism standards for 20 credits. In addition, there will be a variety of tourism short courses available off campus through ITC, which will enable you to gain credits and hands on industry experience.
During the year students will:
● Carry out a NZ renowned course that has a proven record of accomplishment of getting students into jobs or further educational opportunities.
● Develop a holistic idea of the travel industry and how it operates in NZ.
● Communicate with skilled professionals from the Tourism sector
● Visit organisations in the Tourism sector
● Conduct a number of internal assessment opportunities that build towards a national qualification in Tourism
● Attend short courses at tertiary providers.